First, you will have the option to select the degree to which you want to preserve the quality of the image. We recommend a value above 20 and give you a more detailed comparison below this text. In addition, you can adjust the bit depth of the image. You can choose between 8, 10 or 12 bits per channel. The higher the bit depth, the greater the number of colors stored in your image. By way of comparison, JPG has 8 bits. So if you are not a photographer and only want to use AVIF images for your website, we recommend sticking to 8 bits.gimp-avif-plugin by novemesk . Despite the non-creative name, the user interface is fantastic. It allows you to choose from many options, such as minimum and maximum quantizer, pixel format, bit depth, encoder, encoder speed, alpha channel settings, EXIF data and XMP data processing, as well as the ICC color profile. If you do not understand most of these settings, don't worry, you will probably get along well with the default interface.using our AVIF converter, which is free.
Related search terms
- add .avif (av1 image file format) support to gimp
- download now: gimp 2.10.22 released with major file format improvements
- gimp 2.10.22 is released with avif support and improved support for many other file formats
- gimp 2.10.22 released with avif support, improved psp and tiff support
- gimp 2.10.22 released with major file format improvements
- how to start using avif images in gimp?
- what is avif? how to use av1 image format images in gimp